- Domestic and International Mediation, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Transnational Litigation
- White Collar, Fraud, Money Laundering and Corporate Crime Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Banking and Financial Institutional Litigation
- Intellectual Property and Copyrights Infringement Litigation
- Anti-trust, unfair competition and violations of non-compete and confidentiality agreements
- Constitutional Litigation
- Complex debt collection, foreclosure, insolvency and bankruptcy cases
- Lead counsel for local and foreign individuals, companies and institutions in a wide variety of disputes involving domestic and international commercial mediators and arbitration panels under rules of several renowned arbitration centers and forums
- Arbitrator of the Dispute Resolution Centre of the Guatemalan Industrial Chamber - Comisión de Resolución de Conflictos de la Cámara de Industria de Guatemala –CRECIG-
- Representation of national and international companies and institutions in complex commercial and civil domestic and transnational litigation and for plaintiffs in criminal (white collar, fraud, money laundering and corporate crime) cases
- Ample experience on the foreclosure of security and collateral packages, interim relief measures, complaints, motions, provisional remedies and special proceedings and other type of remedies and actions
- Advising parties in out-of-court settlements, negotiations, litigation and arbitration strategy planning and debt restructuring
- Advising and representing parties in special appeals before the Supreme Court of Justice of Guatemala and constitutional challenges and reliefs before the Constitutional Court of Guatemala
- Participant to the “ICC Institute Masterclass for Arbitrators”, ICC Institute of World Business Law. Paris, France (2015).
- Master in Commercial and Business Law M.A. Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala (2004)
- Postgraduate Degree in Business Law (Torts and Damages). Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (2003)
- Attorney At Law and Public Notary, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala (2000)
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Club Español del Arbitraje (CEA)
- ICC Institute of World Business Law
- Spanish and English
As head of the Litigation Department at QIL+4 Abogados, Estuardo Mata has an extensive practice in commercial arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution methods. He is a trial lawyer with many years of experience successfully representing local and foreign clients in commercial, civil and criminal litigation.
He has represented parties in a wide variety of disputes before domestic and international commercial arbitration panels and tribunals under the rules of several renowned arbitration centers and forums. Estuardo is a Designee Arbitrator for the Dispute Resolution Center of the Guatemalan Chamber of Industry -CRECIG- and has served as arbitrator in commercial arbitration cases at CRECIG and at the Arbitration and Conciliation Center of the Guatemalan Chamber of Commerce -CENAC-, both of which are the most prestigious and respected private arbitration and dispute resolution centers in Guatemala.
Estuardo primarily handles complex commercial, civil (including torts and breach of contract) and criminal (white collar and corporate crime) cases throughout the country at all levels of Guatemalan Courts, including the Supreme Court of Justice of Guatemala and the Constitutional Court of Guatemala.
He has provided advice to several companies and multinational corporations involved in transnational complex litigation and arbitration cases. Estuardo´s litigation abilities are complemented by his skillful negotiation approach and expertise, strategy planning and settlement capacities. Additionally, he has a strong background on foreclosure procedures, default related actions, insolvency and bankruptcy cases in the banking, industrial and commercial sectors.
Estuardo is a frequent lecturer on issues related to alternative dispute resolution methods, civil, commercial and criminal procedure law. He is a professor of law on Civil Jurisprudence since 2003 and General Theory of Procedure Law since 2011 at Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
Estuardo is founding partner of QIL+4 Abogados in Guatemala. Previously he was a partner at Quiñones, Ibargüen, Luján & Mata, S.C. from 2009 to 2014 after working as an associate there since 2001. He started his practice in a very prestigious litigation law firm in Guatemala focused on civil, commercial and criminal litigation matters.