- Administrative Law and Permits
- Foreing Investment
- International and Cross-border Agreements (Regional Power Purchase Agreements)
- Development, construction and operation of energy projects in Guatemala and Central America.
- Negotiation of construction contracts (EPC, BOT, and Open- Book)
- Project financing in energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Discussion of legislative proposals as representantive of private industrial entities and groups.
- Corporate structuring for companies in the infrastructure sector
- Public and private international bidding processes
- Master in Laws (LLM), Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (with Honors) (2011);
- Licenciada en Ciencias Jurídicas, Abogada y Notaria, Universidad Rafael Landívar, Cum Laude (2000);
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Board Member of Whole Sale Electricity Market Administrator, Guatemala (2008-2012)
- Counsel to Board of Directors of Escuela de Gobierno Foundation (EdG) Guatemala
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile of Alumni Association
- English and Spanish
Gabriela´s practice is focused in the development, financing, acquisition and operation of energy, fuel and infrastructure projects for foreign and local companies. She has advised an important number of companies interested in investing in green field projects, cross-border acquisitions of ongoing projects, mergers, sale and financing of equipment through export credit agencies and other investments in relation with the energy business.
Gabriela´s experience and expertise in the negotiation of construction turnkey contracts is highly appreciated and valued well by developers and constructions companies.
Her experience in the energy sector includes the participation in bills of law proposal on energy market regulation since the creation of the Wholesale Electricity Market in the year 2000 until present and an active monitoring of legislative proposals with an impact in the energy market and infrastructure business.
Gabriela has been counsel to development groups using different technologies for power generation (thermo, hydro, solar, wind and geothermal power projects) and also to local and foreign banks in financing such type of projects. She also has experience in legal due diligence processes for financing and acquisition of companies.
In 2008, Gabriela was appointed by the National Association of Power Generators (ANG) as the energy generators´ representative with the Board of the Wholesale Electricity Market Administrator (AMM) in Guatemala. She hold such position during 2 consecutive periods. During such tenure, she actively participated in amending and modifying local energy regulations and rules to comply with international treaties to which Guatemala is a member in relation with the integration of the Regional Electricity Market (MER) throughout Central America.
Gabriela has been panelist and speaker in international infrastructure and energy forums and seminars and has represented industry associations and entities.
Before QIL+4 Abogados, Gabriela was founding partner of 4Abogados and worked as an attorney in Bufete Olivero, S.A. from 1999 to 2010.