- Corporate Governance
- Commercial and Business Transactions and Agreements
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Special negotiation skills on corporate and transactional matters, agreements, shareholder rights and other related topics
- Implementation of corporate structures in Guatemala and foreign jurisdictions, corporate tax implications and efficient decision-making and governance
- Mechanisms, processes and relations on control and direction of corporations and governance structures, including monitoring, decision-making and safeguarding the interests and responsibilities of corporate participants.
- Compliance of corporate governance standards and regulations on local and international level
- Extensive experience in international transaction with special emphasis on merger and acquisitions of foreign companies in Latin America and Europe
- Litigation, negotiation and dispute resolutions advise and counseling, strategic litigation and negotiation planning
- Master in Laws and Finance (LLM), Business School, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala (2010)
- Management Program for Lawyers at Yale School of Management, New Haven, Connecticut, USA (2008)
- Attorney and Notary Public, Universidad Rafael Landivar, Guatemala (2000)
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Spanish and English
Jorge is currently the General Counsel in one of the mayor corporations of Latin America. In such position, he has been responsible for directing a multi-jurisdictional legal team with expertise in different areas and different industries as well as establishing the rules and procedures to promote the corporate legal department as an integral part of the company's various business teams and to establish the legal area as a corporate thought-leader and business partner.
Additionally, Jorge has defined and established the guidelines and rules to direct the legal corporate activity, the strategic legal portfolio and the design of the policy and tools to identify, manage and mitigate legal risks.
Jorge has been involved in international acquisitions participating in the analysis, negotiation, and documentation of the transactions up to the closing and integration stages of strategic operations with special focus in food and technology industries, as well as in joint ventures between important industrial groups.
On corporate governance, Jorge has participated in different companies boards of directors. He has also participated in designing rules and procedures for making decisions in corporate affairs including mechanisms to monitor the actions, policies and corporate decisions to align the interests of stakeholders.
In the corporate law field, Jorge has been involved in designing corporate multinational structures, shareholders agreements for different purposes and needs, as well as the administration and restructuration of companies in different jurisdictions. He has advised in corporate financing structures of different natures.
Furthermore, Jorge has experience in civil, commercial and constitutional litigation and also in international arbitration.
Jorge was a Litigation, Civil and Succession Law Professor in two prestigious Guatemalan Law Schools.
Before QIL+4 Abogados, Jorge was a founding partner of 4Abogados in 2011. He previously worked as a general counsel in the banking sector and was a senior associate at Consortium – Rodríguez, Archila, Castellanos, Solares & Aguilar S.C. in litigation and arbitration matters.