ENERGY, PUBLIC UTILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Our attorneys are well recognized for being involved in the electricity sector since its privatization process in the late 1990s.
Such knowledge and expertise also comes from actively participating in the discussion and negotiation of statutes, amendments to legislation and decisions related to the Guatemalan and Central American energy sector.
Our Energy, Public Utilities and Infrastructure practice includes:
- Representing a wide range of local and international energy project developers, including several technologies such as thermo, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric, wind and biomass
- Negotiation of construction contracts such as EPC, BOT and Open- Books
- Structuring for financing energy and infrastructure projects
- Mergers and cross-border acquisitions
- Representing international oil and gas companies in multinational projects
- Compliance of legal and regulatory aspects and requirements imposed by public authorities
- Key regulatory aspects to consider for structuring green field projects
- Counsel to generators, distributors, trading and transport companies within the electricity sector
- Negotiation of long term contracts for the construction, operation and/or transfer of port facilities, public highways and other infrastructure projects
- Participating in local and international public and private bidding process, public private partnerships arrangements, auctions and concession-granting mechanisms